Thursday, November 20, 2008

Greece


Greece was where we spent most of our time. We went to Athens, Iraklion, Crofu, Katakolon, Mykonos and Santorini. Most of it was gorgeous. The more populated areas were a little dirty, but Mykonos and Santorini especially were amazing. We also got to see where the first Olympics where held, lots of cool ruins and artifacts and, for some reason, tons of cats!


This is Kevin with the statue of the goddess Nike, for which the athletic line was named after.


This is Kevin's favorite picture from our trip. On Santorini, the boat parks at the bottom, and the island goes straight up a cliff. There is a steep, switch-back road that leads up to the top where the houses and stores are. You can walk, or you can pay to take a donkey to the top. These poor donkeys are worked to the bone and are extremely sweaty. They also use the restroom at any time on the road so, in addition to being steep, it is slippery - not to mention smelly. Again with the cheap and adventurous, we decided to walk. The bad thing was, these donkeys come down the narrow hill in big groups with heavy loads - and there is no stopping them. I kept climbing up on the wall to get out of their way, but Kevin kept telling me that if I just held my ground, they would walk around me. This is me being "body checked" by one such smelly donkey as I was attempting to hold my ground.

Here are a few other pretty pictures of Greece:








3 comments:

Ty and Meg said...

Sarah these pictures are amazing. My sister and I are going to Greece in May. I will have to call you for info on where we need to go! Your trip looked amazing. I wish we could see you- but we are actually living in Portland now. : ) So if you are ever in Oregon give me a call!

Unknown said...

We are sooooooo jealous! That is amazing! You guys are so lucky that you were able to go to see all those amazing places. Next time you come to Logan let us know.

Unknown said...

This is Brittany and Jared under Marci, my mom. Sorry!