Thursday, February 19, 2009

We Are the Champions!


I've been waiting to post this segment until I could get some more pictures from my fam, but we cannot seem to find the chord that hooks the video camera to the computer so, alas, the few I have will have to suffice.


My sister Emily is on Hillcrest's Drill Team and after an incredible season and tons of work, we made it to state a few weeks ago. Kevin and I missed her State and Region competitions last year since we were in Hawaii, and it broke my heart! I remember watching their dances on YouTube and just crying :) So, I was completely overjoyed to be able to be there this year and waited in line and sat in the gym all day Friday to see her perform. It was an intense and tiring day - but it sure paid off! Hillcrest took first in every single category and won the ultimate State Champion title! It was such a blast!! I have to say, it is really fun to be on the winning team! Great job Em!


Wow, I think I really should have been voted "Senior Most Likely to be a Super Senior."

No comments: